Traveling with the family can be loads of fun but it can also be a trying time. Try mixing things up with a few Disneyland fun facts about the history of the park and the park itself.
– Mickey Mouse has over 290 outfits. Minnie has over 200.
– An average of 210 pairs of lost sunglasses are turned in each day.
– Disneyland was built in just 365 days and opened July 17, 1955
– Over 600 million visitors have passed through the gates of Disneyland since opening day.
– Disneyland does not sell chewing gum. Walt Disney wanted to keep the park clean and prevent guests from stepping in the sticky mess.
– Disneyland recycles approximately 4.1 million pounds of cardboard, 1.3 million punds of green waste, 370,000 pounds of office paper, 361,260 pounds of glass bottles, 274,280 pounds of plastic and 17,240 pounds of aluminum cans each year.
– There are 10 bodies of water containing 20 million gallons of water inside the park.
– The drawbridge at Sleeping Beauty’s castle has only been opened twice, opening day and the celebration of the remodeled Fantasyland.
– There are 68 horses on the King Arthur Carrousel. No two are alike and they all move.
– Mickey’s name was originally going to be Mortimer.